Tuesday, October 7, 2008

More Fall Food Ideas

I read ConnWest's blog post the other day and realized Andrea and I are in the same food frame of mind. :D  I LOVE fall foods more than any other season.  (check out the link on the left under momentsincolor.) I just myself purchased some Bob's Red Mill Muesli for our warm fall cereal.  Great minds (& stomachs) think a like!  :D

As I prepared my lunch today and dinner for us this evening, I took a few pictures.  All the colors are just too pretty not to share. :)

I made a yummy...very healthy wrap for lunch.  I included all food groups!  Whole grain wrap, 1 slice of provolone, turkey, peppers and mushrooms.  



For dinner I get to use my newest gift from Adam. :)  I have had my eye on this crock pot for over a year and our girls mentioned it to him this weekend.  He shocked me with it two days ago and I just love it!  The bowls come right off the heating base for easy cleaning and serving from the bowl at the table.  I can also make a small amount for our family and still have a crock pot large enough for feeding a larger group of people. 

Using the smallest bowl (2 Qt) I'm cooking an applewood turkey loin with carrots, celery, onion and garlic.  I will serve it with broccoli!  Yummmmm.  :D

I'm on my way out to get some organic sugar and I'll be baking a cookie from my new Martha Stewart Cookie book for dessert.  Holy Cow...I just love food...family and great memories shared with both.  Hope you are all enjoying this season to it's fullest!  Much love ya'll!

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

Looks good, Shell... -Jeremy

Adam and Raechell said...

Thanks:)

Jeremy said...

That does look good! I really do love fall and all the warm foods that come with it. That wrap looks so delicious and I would be all over that if it weren't for the tortilla... darn that all things yummy have gluten in them!

Great job on the gift Adam!

Adam and Raechell said...

Andrea, I thought I saw gluten free wraps...that's why I included pics of this lunch. Hum??? At The Natural Way they have all kinds of gluten free yummies including chocolate biscotti. Perhaps you should go looking out there for gluten free pre-made items. They may have a few new things! :D