Sunday, September 28, 2008

Voting In Barbie Town

We woke up this Sunday morning to find a vote taking place for the new President and Vice President of Barbie Town.  (Our Girl's name for their make-believe Barbie world.) :D

I felt they did a really great job.  With all that is taking place in the world right now, they are truly understanding it. 

On Sammie's dresser sit the candidates.  Starting with Haven on the left, Callie in the middle and Sasha on the far right.  (Apparently, they are very diverse in Barbie Town, anyone can run based on their experience and ability...even the cat!) :p
Here are their banners:  







Their platforms are: Haven wants everyone to become farmers.  Callie wants to see every Barbie with their own hair brush.  Sasha wants their to be freedom for all!  (Very good platforms in the Barbie world if you ask me. :D)

All of the Barbies asked questions in the debate first, followed by a vote-ation...as they called it.  LOL Letting each Barbie vote Sasha won 17 votes, Callie 16 and Haven won 3 votes. 

President: Sasha
Vice President: Callie 

I was most impressed with the question about going to war.  A Barbie asked each candidate their position on sending troops off to war. 
 Sasha's reply, "It's unfortunate, but to have freedom we must be willing to protect our beliefs.  So, if I had to, to protect our world, I believe in sending troops off to war."
Callie's reply, "I have to admit that I agree with Sasha."
Haven's reply, "I don't believe in freedom, but farming!  We would all be farmers under me.  I wouldn't send people off to war."

I think our girls were really paying attention during our latest Presidential Debate the other night.  They kept questioning and adding thoughts.  I was thrilled to see them so active in this.  I know they can't vote yet, but when they are old enough, I feel they will make a wise informed decision.  

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

I vote for Sam and Alex as Pres and VP. :) -Uncle Jeremy

Ray and Dodi's Place said...

Oh Please!!! That Barbie Town is the greatest. So community minded and all. Sasha was the best on the platform for sure. When I heard the comment that Haven wrote~well all of them farmers...I laughed myself silly over that. Great imagination girls. Love it. Somehow it reminds me of another young lady who had a great and vivid imagination also many moons ago....;) xoxxoxo

Jeremy said...

What a great idea! Very very creative! And so great to be aware of political debates and platforms now.

I love your little side tag too and can't wait to see all your other creative ideas this Fall. Hopefully it will inspire me!