Thursday, October 9, 2008

Snickerdoodles Anyone??? Cookie #2 from New Book!

Ok, the chocolate cookies are all gone.  (I brought a bag with me to the game last night and all the cheerleading moms seemed to love them as much as we did! :D)
For dessert tomorrow night (and my tea time snack tonight) I tried out Martha Stewart's Snickerdoodle recipe. 
(On a side note here...my Nanny used to call me Snicklefritz...so these cookies seemed like they would suit me just fine!  LOL)
Wow!  Is there any recipe that she just does badly?  I think not.  
These are soft and chewy on the inside while having a slightly crunchy outer layer.  They've been rolled in cinnamon sugar before baking and are very much like a soft short bread cookie.  Out of this world with Orange/Spice tea. :)  Enjoy!

5 comments:

Meghan said...

those look delicious!! :-)

Adam and Raechell said...

I was waiting for you to notice that I've been posting pics of food again. :D LOL I will have to bring you some. They are delightfully sweet and light...for a soft and chewy cookie. Will you be around anywhere today?

Jeremy said...

I had my first Snicker Doodle at Coffee People while at PBC... those cookies go great with coffee as well.

If you get bored and feel like shipping some cookies out West I won't refuse them.
-JC

Meghan said...

I'll be at NTC for young adults from 7-9.
I'd love a little treat! My 21st birthday is on Sunday :-)

Yes.. Im definitely loving the food posts! I think YOU should write a cookbook or have a show. You make it so fun and interesting.

Adam and Raechell said...

oooooo! I will have to find some recipes that ship well. :D Let me get some stuff together! You never know when you will get a yummy treat JC! But you have to promise to keep them away from those who are gluten intolerant. I know it will be hard, but you will have to eat them all yourself! LOL

Meghan...I won't be able to make it tonight, but now that I know it is your birthday...a very special one to boot...I will create something extra special just for you. :) Oh, this will be fun!