Monday, July 7, 2008

Fruit & Kids

Some of the best kitchen/food ideas with kids are the easiest. 

I stopped by a new bakery in our town last week and purchased each of us a croissant.  Then the girls and I took turns making parts of the fruit salad.  It was such fun...they loved it and it was good for them too. ;D

This can be fun with younger kids too.  You don't need a sharp knife to slice up a banana.  (Alex used a butter knife.)  And if you get a couple melon ballers you can cut the watermelon in half and let each of them have half to ball.  I cut up the pineapple (requiring a very sharp knife) and the girls both separated the grapes from their vines.  Viola...simple fruit salad for us to enjoy and they participated in making it.  (Also, great for warmer days...when no one wants to warm up the oven.) :D  Fun, fun!

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Great idea! I'll have to get a melon baller because I know Ian would love to do that. That food looks so good right now :-).