Sunday, July 13, 2008

Saturday Get-A-Way

It's my birthday today! :D  I'm 36 years old and happier than I can ever remember being.  I'm thinking the best is yet to come!  

Adam and I (thanks to Mom and Dad Conn watching our girls ) were able to go away to Burlington, VT on Saturday. :D  Here are pics of our time together!









Once we arrived in Plattsburgh, we spent almost two hours looking around Ausable Chasm and decided this was definitely our next vacation with the girls.  (horse back riding and white water rafting!!!)    But while here, we had lunch and enjoyed a lot of the scenery...walking about a mile on their trails.

















Then we were off to Vermont!  This was a fun adventure all it's own, walking the downtown, farmer's market, shopping at the mall ... Jeremy can you guess what store I went shopping at while there?  :D  Teehee. 


On our way home Adam took me to the Butcher's Block Steak and Seafood restaurant in Plattsburg.   Adam had Prime Rib with Scallops and I opted for the special of Delmonico Steak.  Out of this world!!!!  

On to the mall in Plattsburgh until it closed and then home again.  It was the best birthday on record!  Thanks Mom and Dad Conn for the get-a-way alone time.  Thank you Adam for making everyday an adventure!  I love you!  It was the best!!!!

8 comments:

Bonnie and Fred said...

Great pictures of an awesome place, I know the girls will love it! You two definitely look like you had a spectacular time. Happy Birthday and many, many more. We loved our time with the girls, thanks!

Adam and Raechell said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you....etc....etc...etc...
Much love! :)

Jeremy said...

Happy Birthday!!! It looks like so much fun. Vermont is such a beautiful place and we loved going to Church street whenever we were there too. I'm glad you were able to go to the farmer's market!

What a wonderful birthday!

Tasha Lehman said...

Happy Birthday! Hopefully before too long we'll be in Burlington and you can stay the night and we can make a weekend out of it!

Meghan said...

I loved the pictures! The place is Plattsburgh looked so gorgeous.
Happy Birthday! :-)

Adam and Raechell said...

Thanks everyone. That sounds like a plan! :D
Yes, Meg, it was beautiful. :)

Jeremy said...

Happy Birthday, sis... oh, and what store were you at that had a picture of my abs blown up like that?!? -JC

Adam and Raechell said...

LMBO!!! :D JC that's awesome. They actually chased us out of the store waving arms and screaming...NO cameras allowed. We thought that was a bit odd after they saw us putting away the camera and giggling. We even tried to explain, it did no good.
I just left thinking...I'll buy a hoodie on-line! LOL Good times.
(Adam said he's never seen me smile so big...he had to have a picture.)