Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Today's weather...

was the perfect excuse to finish my library book.  I started it last night before bed and was thrilled that this was a great author!  You never know when you take out a book if it's going to be good or if you are going to close it early not caring how it ends.  

I sat in my oversized red chair for several hours and read...paused for a snack (took pic when I saw how inviting the setting looked:D) and then read some more.  I loved this book.  A little suspense, three deaths without a lot of gory details, and a budding romance you hope to have take off.  Great characters and a lovely setting make this a mystery winner in my book.  And with only 212 pages, it was a very quick read.  ;)

All this prompted me to get to work finishing the mystery I started writing a couple months ago.  I'm only on chapter thirteen and I have at least 100 pages to write to finish it.  Winter is the best time to write while we are all trapped inside, but I find I do my best in Spring or Fall when I can go for a morning walk and come in refreshed.  Ahhh....excuses, exuses.  I'm off to write.  (((HUGS))) 

If you like mysteries...give Agatha Raisin and the Case of the Curious Curate written by: M.C. Beaton a read.  :D  I don't think you will be disappointed.  

No comments: