Friday, January 9, 2009

Dancing Again

Sometimes, in life, things we love are put away for long seasons.  For me...that was dancing.  

I grew up dancing...tap, ballet, jazz.  I took gymnastics, did summer theater in our town, but mostly...everything came back to tap...it was my favorite.  

It ended.  For a very long time. 

Monday of this week I started a part-time job at a local dance studio, as a receptionist (only 9 hours a week).  It will pay for Alex's ballet lessons, Sam's Jazz lessons and my Tap & Hip-Hop lessons. :D  

I LOVE THIS.  I love the job.  I love the extra time the girls and I spend each night exercising.  I love that everything that once jiggled is starting to get solid again...LOL.  

This is a picture of my first pair of tap shoes in 23 years!  They were new when I got them 4 days ago...and very broken in now. :p  

PS...Dad...our kitchen floor now looks exactly like yours did many years ago.  Scuffed and used.  :D  But Adam doesn't mind anymore than you did.  Thank you for the years of dance in my youth!  It's come in very handy now. 
  

5 comments:

Bonnie and Fred said...

Let us know when the recitals start so we can come and see you all perform! How exciting for you Shelley! And the girls too! Such a good way to exercise.

Jeremy said...

I'm so excited for all of you! What an amazing opportunity that you'll all get to enjoy.

Tasha Lehman said...

What fun!!!

Adam and Raechell said...

Mom & Dad, I sure will! It's a lot of fun...and you are so right about the exercise. ;)

Andrea, me too! :D

Tasha, I grin like a little kid when I'm dancing. (You should see Alex in her class...she is so serious and then comes out throwing her arms around me saying, "Thank you, thank you, thank you." :D Sam gets to attend her first class Wednesday. Her last one was canceled due to weather. The waiting is killing her.

Ray and Dodi's Place said...

Shel, this brought tears to my eyes. When I think of the years of joy watching you dance. (and no one could dance like our shelly :) Capture these years with your girls. It is so wonderful. And over way too soon...xoxoxoxxo