Saturday, January 23, 2010

Our Day with Jeremy and Ian

I arrived home from work to find that Jeremy and Ian had just arrived! :D Oh, my, word... what a cutie our first nephew is.
Ian loves the Star Wars movies...surprise, surprise! In Uncle Adam style, Ian got to hold all the prop weapons from the cabinet. He was so careful with each and you could tell he couldn't believe he was actually holding them. Then he spotted the Superfriends box on our DVD shelf. I giggled as he floated between all the great stuff Uncle Adam had.

And then...the best...Uncle Adam left the room to put fresh batteries in his lightsabers. Ian sat on the ottoman waiting...then he would hear one of them light up and he would jump up, run over to Jeremy and say, "Did you hear that!?!?!?!" He would patiently sit back down and then...he finally got to hold one. :D It was awesome.





Ian kept his lightsaber close at hand for several hours afterwards. He battled as Luke did in the movie, while Sam and Alex took turns being the bad guys.


During all of this I watched and crotched. Such a good time. Thank you Andrea for the Christmas present that blessed us all! :)

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Thank you for posting these! It's so good to see them. I can only imagine how excited Ian was to see all of Uncle Adam's things. He was so anxious to get there... he's been talking about "Uncle Adam and Star Wars" for the past week!

What great pictures! Everyone looks so great and this helps me feel like I was right there. So wonderful!

Andrea said...

Oh yeah... I have to ask... are my eyes tripping out or is there a floating light saber in one of the pictures??? Too funny!

Adam and Raechell said...

I know! :p I laughed when I saw that. Adam was holding it by the blade and leaning over to give it to Alex. :D Glad you saw that too!