Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Sledding

Sledding this afternoon for over an hour and a half was such fun.  I got out of the mini-van to get them started and snap some pics of our girls and the surroundings, then crawled back into the warmth to read some more of my library book, Murder in Foggy Bottom.  :)  Sammie snapped a quick pic of me so that I could show you all my new scarf.  I made it from the yarn I had originally purchased for making socks.  {Making socks turned out to be very annoying.} :p  

We are all cleaned up again and warm, ready for making Christmas cookies! :D  Post some pics of that later on.  Much love Family and Friends! 










3 comments:

Ray and Dodi's Place said...

What great fun... Love to see you guys having special snow times...

Jeremy said...

Shelly, I love your new scarf you made! It looks awesome... and very warm.

Was type of stitch is it? It looks great.

I just finished a little brown neck warmer for me that looks similar. I'll have to take a picture of it soon.

Great job! Oh.. and the sledding looks fun too :-).

Adam and Raechell said...

The sledding was a blast! :D
It was just a single crochet with a very large needle. ;) I love this scarf and wear it everywhere! I'm almost finished with a second, but I made this one with a small hook. The weave is tighter and this one will be even warmer. Can't wait to see your neck warmer!

(I have made a shawl and a neck scarf also, but I wear them a lot less as they are made from mohair and are a bit scratchy around the neck. Live and learn.)