Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Poetry {written at 4 am}

When Brokenness Calls                     August 20, 2008

When brokenness calls you must answer
There can be no helping in that
No machine or call waiting to take it
Just a click, hello and a chat

When brokenness calls you've no help
No one you can turn to and say
I'm broken right here and back there
I'm in need of some mending today

These are the lies that we speak to ourselves
In our darkness and our despair
But they are merely illusions
For there is one truly who cares

He is soft and kindly offers
To carry and lighten the load
If we'll but share and rejoice in
The gift he so lovingly chose

For you, me and all who would see
It's not costly for any of us
Freely given it lies at our feet by our sides
And it's freedom is always enough

Melancholy is my current mood and so I talk to God to find relief.   Even the most positive of us can go through those moments and life stages that cause us to reflect and need a bit of encouragement and support.  And in these times, I find that only God will do. :)  See, I'm already smiling a bit.  He is so good and His love endures forever.  

No comments: