Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sleepy Time Tea & Biscotti...

Tonight I planned a relaxing baking and tea sipping time with our girls. They could learn to bake biscotti, we could relax and hit the hay sleepy...this was not to be the case. :p Setting down the bag of strawberries...I bumped the egg next to it which rolled right into the sink and cracked. (The beginning...) I cut up the strawberries and cashews then let the girls get to work on the rest. The dough somehow turned out wetter than usual which I couldn't figure out...we did it step by step as I always had.
This turned into us all sitting on the floor watching the dough through the lighted glass window at the front of our oven. We watched the dough spread out...then a little more and a little more. We laughed and became rather silly really. Very fun. Alex kept us laughing and in stitches all evening until we really did have to call it a night, rather wound up instead of calm and relaxed. Agh. Family moments. Never as you plan, but always special. ;)





1 comment:

Bonnie and Fred said...

Looks good. Call me when the next batch is ready. Look forward to seeing you in your new glasses.