Monday, March 2, 2009

Mini-Cape

Ok, at it again.  Before I hurt my neck, I finished this mini-cape, but have been waiting to post pics.  The tie is in the back and it rests from the upper shoulder area down to my elbows.  It will be perfect to add an extra layer of warmth when walking our local trail this Spring! :D  Another cool feature is that if I cinch the top tighter... Sammie can wear it... even tighter and little Alex can wear it too!  
I had a very interesting time trying to keep Callie off of it whenever I would lay it down as it is made from Baby Llama wool and apparently...she loves the stuff! 

6 comments:

Tasha Lehman said...

Oh, that's very cute! Almost looks like it could be a skirt too! Great job!

Adam and Raechell said...

Yes, Adam and I LOL as I showed him the many ways it could be worn (but I won't) LOL. :D

As a halter top (with tank underneath), mini-skirt (with leggings underneath)...Sammie loved this as she is a wild teenie-bopper now and 'fashion' is her thing.

Wow. Did I just use the word teenie...bopper. I did not! How old am I???? :p Let's just walk away from this conversation...LOL.

Jeremy said...

Shelly I love this!!!!! You did an amazing job. I love the color and I can just picture it... on all 3 of you!

Ha! Teenie-bopper... you should call Sam that in front of her friends at school. Wouldn't you be the cool mom. :-) hee hee

Really... I love it... it's beautiful! I can't wait to see what you make next.

Adam and Raechell said...

Thanks Andrea...actually...in front of her friends could be so fun! :D LOL
It's a fun piece to share. ;)
I did purchase another batch of yarn in this lovely green marbled coloring. (fine merino wool as it is my favorite drape) I still don't know what I'm making with it.
I'm almost finished with my purple sweater. I haven't figured out the top of it yet. Front panels and back are done. It's just top and shoulders...not sure of the pattern I'd like to create. I'm waiting for something to come to me.

Ray and Dodi's Place said...

Your stitch work is wonderful. Nanny C would be so proud of you. That cape is lovely. It is so good to see a family tradition is still being useful.

Adam and Raechell said...

I think of Nanny Caron every time I pick up my crochet hook. :)