Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Tears & Why

Some things cause me to tear
Some things are happy
Then there are sad
Some things make good sense
And others make bad
Happily ever after 
Is just not what I have seen,
But when all is said and done
May this be what tears mean?

To be quiet in my sadness, they will drip down my face
As my shoulders, arms and head hang low, my will I've lost in this race
Crying comes so naturally when I am overjoyed
The tears they well and spill in puddles, sometimes I annoy

The truth is that tears come for many reasons
Love and its loss
Life and its joy
Birth and of death
Of song and of breath
But of all the tears I cry this is known
I reflect the love of the one who created me in my weakness to show himself strong

And so the why becomes less important 
The tears come on
I am lost in emotion
To know that to such a one....I belong.

Praise God for his love that is never ending and his mercy that abounds.  For the ability to express these emotions from a laugh with joy to a frown.   By Shel

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Wow Shelly! I can see your heart through that. It's beautiful and I hope to see a lot more of your writing on here in the future! :-)

Adam and Raechell said...

Thanks Meghan. I've been crying a lot lately...for every reason under the sun...and I'm just feeling that lifting...:) Had to write and express...it's what I do. :p

Ray and Dodi's Place said...

Not just a songbird, but a beautiful poet as well. So much talent in such a little person. That is our peanut.....
We are sure that God is well pleased with you, using your talents that He has blessed you with.
Dad & Mom