Thursday, January 13, 2011

Kindle Reading...




Well, it took me a year to decide, but I finally realized, it was the Kindle over the Ipad. (I simply wanted a reading device, if I want to surf the web, I prefer a laptop.)

I always thought nothing could replace a book in my hands, but the first time I actually held this device, I was sold.

After charging all afternoon, I took my new Kindle to MCD's. Sitting by the fireplace with a hot cup of cocoa, I downloaded my first two books. Easy, inexpensive, and portable beyond words.

I'm very much a stick in the mud about new things, but look at me...stepping into a new year with fresh ideas. Very cool. :)

6 comments:

Jeremy said...

Glad you are liking it - I know a lot of people rave about the Kindle. I like your case, too.

Adam and Raechell said...

Thanks. I downloaded:
The New Yorker, USA Today and a game today. :)
I may not make quick decisions, I have to research something to death to make sure I'm not wasting hard earned money on something, but it was definitely worth every penny.

Jeremy said...

A friend of mine works on the KIndle - he is a designer for their interfaces (the parts you interact with, etc.).

Adam and Raechell said...

Well, that has to be an exciting job!

Tasha Lehman said...

I've been wanting one! Enjoy!

Adam and Raechell said...

Tasha, Just checked out your blog again. It's so wonderful to see your family.
You probably don't remember this at all, but when I think of you and Matt, I picture Ponderosa. I would waitress and watch you two together thinking what serious young people you were. You were dating and seemed so sure of each other and the future you wanted together. It amazed me then and after all these years, it just makes me smile at what great parents you are. What happy young men you are raising! Strong families are such a blessing to those around them. :) May this year be one of growth and increase for your home.