Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Alex's First Time Mowing The Lawn

Adam came in to tell me that our youngest child couldn't be more like me if she tried.  I thought ut-oh. :p  What has she done now???  LOL
He informed her she could try a few passes with the lawn mower, but he thought she was still a bit small to really do it.  He said she started pushing it in the back, struggling under it's weight, but kept on going.  Then she rounded the side yard...pushing off the telephone pole with both feet when she had to go around the corner and couldn't get enough traction.  She continued on around the house and did the entire yard herself! (Adam did all the trim work.) :D  He said all he had to do is tell her she couldn't do it and the yard became a challenge.  Now she and Sam are going to split that duty and they are both very happy about that.  (It's been a few years for Sam and the thrill has worn off.:D)

5 comments:

Jeremy said...

That's awesome... I'll have to remember that technique when my boys get older.

Enjoy the yardwork, ladies - I love mowing the lawn still... nothing better than the smell of freshly cut grass.

Adam and Raechell said...

That's what Dad said! (by Alex)
I asked her what? She replied, "He loves the smell of fresh cut grass!" :D
Ahhhhh...don't we all!?!

Andrea said...

Great job Alex!!

Bonnie and Fred said...

Nice going Alex. After you get a little more practice, I may let you come over and mow Grandma's flowers, uh, I mean lawn. Love you.

Ray and Dodi's Place said...

Alexander Conn you go girl. Yes you sure are like your mom...I remember that the world of challange was an open book for her...You sure are growing up into a fine beautiful person.